Crypto News - Bitcoin Hits Second-Highest Transaction Day Amid Price S...
Cryptocurrencies: 16,292     Votes This month: 2,211,038     Newborn Cryptocurrencies: 778,170     Supported chains: 24
 


Main Page News Crypto News - Bitcoin Hits Second-Highest Transaction Day Amid Price S...
   

Bitcoin Hits Second-Highest Transaction Day Amid Price Surge, Record Influx of Ordinal Inscriptions

04.12.2023, 23:44   12
Bitcoin Hits Second-Highest Transaction Day Amid Price Surge, Record Influx of Ordinal Inscriptions

Bitcoin marked its second most active day for transactions on December 3, 2023, as the cryptocurrency’s value soared past the $40K mark. This surge in activity comes closely after the record-setting day of November 19, 2023, when bitcoin miners validated 710,579 transactions. On Sunday, bitcoin miners authenticated a total of 707,876 transactions during the 24-hour period.

As the year draws to a close, the leading digital currency in terms of market valuation continues to see a high volume of transactions. Just a little over two weeks earlier, miners had processed a lifetime record of 710,579 transactions within a single day. Another notable peak in transaction activity was on September 15, 2023, with bitcoin miners confirming 703,692 transactions.

Despite the new Ocean pool’s refusal to mine inscriptions, a significant portion of the hashrate is actively confirming such transactions. Data from Dune Analytics on December 3, 2023, revealed a substantial 482,172 inscriptions were created on Sunday, accounting for the majority of the day’s transactions. This not only positioned it as the second-largest day for inscription mints but also indicated that 68.11% of the day’s transfers were inscriptions, while the remaining 31.89% comprised financial transactions.

This influx of transactions has led to a backlog of unconfirmed transactions in the mempool. At present, over 219,000 transfers await miner confirmation. To alleviate this backlog, 319 blocks, or 564 megabytes of block space, need to be processed. Currently, a high-priority onchain fee is priced at $6.81 per transfer, while a low-priority transaction costs approximately $1.28 per transfer.

What are your thoughts on Bitcoin’s record-setting day on Sunday? Let us know what you think in the comments section below.



Recently Listed Newborn Tokens
# Token Price 5m 1h TXNS Vol(24h) Liquidity Audit Deployed
1
-- name -- SYM
-   Binance Smart Chain
0.00% 0.00% 0 $0
N/a
Audit
10 hours ago
2
Limit LMT
$0.00005052   Binance Smart Chain
0.00% 0.00% 72 $312.84
$8.8K
Audit
1 day ago
3
KGTEST KGTEST
$0.01119   Binance Smart Chain
0.00% 0.00% 12 $53.33
$32
Audit
1 day ago
4
HulkCoin HULK
$0.0...03801   Binance Smart Chain
0.00% 0.00% 1 $20.55
$2.9K
Audit
1 day ago
5
Overdo OVD
$0.03831   Binance Smart Chain
0.00% 0.00% 2 $4.53
$218
Audit
1 day ago
6
DRIPX TOKEN DRIPX
$0.001997   Binance Smart Chain
0.00% 0.00% 1 $1.93
$96
Audit
1 day ago
7
GTROK GTROK
$0.0...02167   Binance Smart Chain
0.00% 0.00% 4 $335.84
$1K
Audit
1 day ago
8
Baby JEJE BABYJEJE
$0.0...03190   Binance Smart Chain
0.00% 0.00% 38 $223.96
$608
Audit
1 day ago
9
BABYQQ BABYQQ
$0.0...09610   Binance Smart Chain
0.00% 0.00% 79 $2.6K
$1.6K
Audit
1 day ago
10
Troll Mode GTROK
$0.0...04516   Binance Smart Chain
0.00% -0.46% 26 $185.48
$824
Audit
1 day ago
11
Bitcoin Dogs 0DOG
$0.0006251   Binance Smart Chain
0.00% 0.00% 5 $1K
$10K
Audit
1 day ago
12
Burn2024 BURN2024
$0.0...03696   Binance Smart Chain
0.00% 0.00% 1 $4.96
$748
Audit
1 day ago
13
Samurai Finance SMR
$2.57   Binance Smart Chain
0.00% 0.00% 1 $1.7
$32
Audit
1 day ago
14
Bikini Bottom BIB
$0.0...02979   Binance Smart Chain
0.00% 0.00% 1 $22.4
$56
Audit
1 day ago
15
JEJE JEJE
$0.0...02089   Binance Smart Chain
0.00% 0.00% 6 $39.76
$94
Audit
1 day ago